Seeds of Living Education's Mission Statement:
To encourage lifelong, nutritious eating habits by offering school children a hands-on, educational experience in a living classroom in the natural environment.
- To offer an outdoor living laboratory for our community and its children through an ongoing interaction with the growing process and lifecycle of the garden.
- To integrate hands on experiences and tastings that promotes eating fresh, local, nutrition-rich, homegrown vegetables and fruits as an experience that will build healthier futures for our children and will sustain our environment.
- To enable children to choose healthier options by working with district food service in to making fresh, local nutritious food available during the school day.
- To encourage and support transformation of school lunch programs through an emphasis on fresh, local produce grown in school gardens and available through farm to school programs.
- To involve children, families and the community at large in this living classroom experience through organic gardening, healthy food preparation, healthy school meals, garden programs and community projects that foster the understanding of healthy eating and its impact on our environment.
- To engage elementary classes in curriculum that teaches about the growing of food and healthier living that is broad-based and multi-disciplinary in nature.
- Support and assist in growing a district Farm to School program.